On October 27, 2015, U.S. House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Ed Royce (R-CA) and Ranking Member Eliot Engel (D-NY) were joined by Oscar winning director, Kathryn Bigelow to assert the need for bipartisan support for the Global Anti-Poaching Act (H.R. 2494). C4ADS participated in a panel event on how wildlife trafficking fuels atrocities in east and central Africa. Drawing a diverse audience of activists, legislators, NGO staff, and representatives from the Departments of Defense, State, and the Interior. The event was an opportunity to discuss humanitarian, security, and wildlife protection issues.
- Kathryn Bigelow, Film Director
- Sasha Lezhnev, Associate Policy Director at the Enough Project
- Jackson Miller, Analyst at C4ADS
- Ledio Cakaj, Independent Consulatant
- Andrea Heydlauff, Director of Strategic Communications at African Parks