About this Job
We are looking a Nonprofit Finance Intern to join our Fall 2018 Intern Program. Our interns don’t make coffee or sit around bored. Instead, you will play an integral role in our success by supporting our grants and financial reporting for both federal and private donors. You'll work alongside our finance director on her projects and be trained in the use of financial management technology. Read more about the role and requirements below.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist the Finance Director to prepare grant reporting documents
- Process invoices and expense reports
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Organize and maintain records of financial transactions
- Gain exposure to grantmaking strategies for research and nonprofit organizations
- Provide office support for the Finance Department as needed
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Dedication to our values and passion for our mission
- Previous finance or strategy experience in a nonprofit setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Undergraduate studies in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Proven interest in or experience with data and technology
- An independent and self-motivated spirit
HOW TO APPLY
Please send us your cover letter and resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. Please include the position name in the subject of your email and direct all inquiries and applications to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Interns receive a semesterly stipend of $3000 for full-time positions, and prorated for part-time positions.
If you don’t think you’re qualified but love what we’re doing, please apply anyway! We’d love to hear from you.
We are committed to creating an exciting and rewarding work environment for our staff by providing equal opportunity for all positions of employment to qualified employees without regard to gender, race, color, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, military status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are fully committed to the objective of furthering equality of opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, educating, and recognizing all personnel.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
C4ADS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing data-driven analysis and evidence-based reporting on global conflict and transnational security issues. We use cutting-edge technologies to manage, integrate, and analyze disparate data from diverse languages, regions, and sources, incorporating our own field research from conflict zones and fragile states. We seek to engage with local and international audiences and produce compelling analysis on conflict and security issues. In doing so, we fill a critical gap left by traditional public sector and profit-driven institutions.