Photography by C4ADS
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and a two to three page writing sample to email@example.com. Please include the name of the position in the subject of the email. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Please direct all inquiries and applications to Satori Shimizu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
C4ADS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to data-driven analysis and evidence-based reporting of conflict and security issues worldwide. We utilize cutting-edge emerging technologies to manage, integrate, and analyze disparate data from diverse languages, regions, and sources, including our own field research in conflict zones and fragile states. Beyond pure data collection and analysis, we seek to produce and disseminate compelling content to engage both international and local audiences on issues of conflict and security. In doing so, we fill a critical gap left by traditional public sector institutions and profit-driven contractors.
We are currently seeking applications for the position of analyst to strengthen and support ongoing work with private sector partners and US law enforcement agencies, particularly as it relates to transnational security issues. In this role, the analyst’s investigative priorities will include, but are not limited to, illicit networks behind sanctions evasions schemes, terror financing, illicit shipping, with a strong focus on illicit networks facilitating environmental crimes.
Duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing analytical research support for time-sensitive projects, utilizing a variety of data-driven methodologies
- Utilizing various technological platforms, such as Palantir and QGIS, on a near-daily basis to manipulate data findings
- Integrating disparate information in a manner that meets or exceeds quasi-law enforcement standards
- Managing and meeting competing deadlines across short-, medium-, and long-term timetables
- Collaborating with other team members and take ownership of independent research project to address emerging trends of illicit networks driving transnational environmental crimes
- Demonstrating flexibility and willingness to deploy skills to support other C4ADS team members as assigned
We do not adhere to strict application criteria, but applicants should have an undergraduate degree at a minimum; however, recent graduates of a master’s program are preferred.
As an organization, we value:
- Overseas work and/or research experience. Preferred: experience overseeing and implementing independent research project
- Native or professional-level fluency and research experience in Chinese or French or Vietnamese or Swahili or any combination of the aforementioned languages
- For a China specialist applicant, experience and knowledge in Chinese investments in Africa is preferred
- Strong GPA from a top-tier university
- Demonstrated interest in critically examining illicit networks
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Experience with (or natural aptitude for) and willingness to engage frequently with a range of technological platforms
- Genuine intellectual ambition, strong work ethic, ability to multitask, and a willingness to collaborate