Photography by C4ADS
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
- East Asia Analyst
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
East Asia Analyst
We are looking for an Analyst focusing on East Asia to join our fast-growing team. At C4ADS, we are pushing the bounds of what is possible with open data and technology for national-security and threat-finance research. As an Analyst, you will play an integral role in our success by conducting complex research that drives real-world impact. You'll help steer our projects, develop new ones, and use sophisticated emerging technologies on a daily basis. You will quickly gain practical skills through our in-depth training and will have the opportunity to expand your professional network--all in addition to a fun work environment with a Nerf gun, generous benefits, and flexible hours. Read more about the role and requirements below.
What You’ll Do:
- Learn and apply advanced investigative methods to conduct detailed analysis of transnational illicit and threat finance networks
- Use native or professional-level fluency in another language to conduct daily research and outreach to local partner networks
- Write a range of analytical products from public reports to private dossiers for a wide audience, including law enforcement and regulatory agencies
- Travel around the world to meet with contacts and conduct field research
- Represent C4ADS by briefing analysis externally, including to senior decision-makers, and at high-level public forums
- Regularly use advanced technologies like Palantir to support research and analysis
What We’re Looking For:
- Dedication to our values, and passion for our mission
- Self-motivated, strategic thinker with the initiative and drive to seize opportunities, but the attention to detail to connect the analytical dots
- Proven interest or experience in using data and technology
- Prior overseas work or relevant research experience in examining illicit networks and/or conflict
- Undergraduate degree in a related field, be it international relations, statistics, or a foreign language
- Professional-level fluency in Mandarin Chinese
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel at short notice, including to high-risk environments
- Be comfortable with chaos, ambiguity, and long hours in support of an important mission
Bonus Points For:
- Master’s degree in a related field
How We’ll Reward You:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary 401 k program
- Generous vacation and flex time that focuses on the work, not hours
- Professional development programs that allow you to customize your own courses and build your own development path
- A passionate team that values hard work and is serious about building and maintaining a great culture
How to Apply:
Please send us your cover letter, resume, and a two to three-page writing sample. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Please include the position name in the subject of your email and direct all inquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
If you don’t think you’re qualified but love what we’re doing, please apply anyway! We’d love to hear from you.
We are committed to creating an exciting and rewarding work environment for our staff by providing equal opportunity for all positions of employment to qualified employees without regard to gender, race, color, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, military status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are fully committed to the objective of furthering equality of opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, educating, and recognizing all personnel.